VAT Exemption for the Disabled
Nursecall Mats run a government-backed scheme that means you may not be required to pay the VAT on some of your products that are purchased from Nursecall Mats at the time you order and complete your purchase.
However, as you would expect, not all purchases by all customers are eligible; so here is the very important information on how this scheme works: A purchase can only be exempt from VAT when all the following conditions are met:
1. You (or who you are buying it for) are chronically ill or disabled , this means someone:
- With a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities, or
- With a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes.
- Who is terminally ill.
It does not include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb
2. The goods are for personal or domestic use, this means:
- The goods are supplied for your own private use, rather than for business purposes.
- The goods are not made widely available for a whole group of people.
The products that are eligible to be supplied at the zero VAT rate, are identified on the shopping basket page with a check box and you must tick the box indicating you wish to claim VAT-exemption on that item, then click the “update basket” button before you can Proceed to Checkout.